Casa Program(ages: 3 years – 6 years old)Children at this age pass through sensitive period of development, It is during this stage that children have tremdous abilities to learn and absorb from the world around them. We as Montessori educators take full advantage of these highly perceptive stages by introducing Montessori activities, design to stimulate intellect. We work in the following domains
- Practical Life
- Cultural – Geography, Science, History, Art, Music and Movement.
- Practical Life:enhances the development of a child’s focus, concentration, task organization and cognitive order through care of self, care of the environment, exercises of grace, courtesy, and coordination of physical movement.
- The Sensorial:enables the child to order, classify, and describe sensory impressions in relation to length, width, temperature, mass, colour, pitch, taste, smell, etc.
- Language Arts:includes oral language development, written expression, and reading through phonetics and understanding. The study of grammar, creative dramatics, poetry and children’s literature plants the seed for children to become passionate and lifelong readers.
- Mathematics:comes alive in a Montessori classroom. The concepts of quantity, numeracy, sequencing, and all four mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) become second nature. Here the skills for logical thinking are developed.
- Cultural Activities:children discover History, Geography, and Life Sciences, such as Biology, Botany and Zoology. Music, Art, Physical Education and Spatial Movement are part of the integrated cultural and sports program.